First of all, actual sound cards are a thing of the past. Good quality
audio interfaces are now built into modern processors, particularly i7
machines. Many computers are not sold with a piece of hardware for
producing sound called a sound card. Further many audio interfaces
sold connect to computers using the USB port rather than an internal
card slot. I opted for this in 2014 when I bought a commercial audio
interface that connects to my computer using USB rather than an
internal card.  I was running Windows 8.1 and needed a sighted person
to configure the bios and the audio interface software of the new
device. Both were inaccessible with a screen reader. However, this was
a onetime configuration and I have never needed to touch them again.

Kelly

View/Reply Online (#275): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/275
View All Messages In Topic (4): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/12888733