Fra: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] På vegne af Kelly Pierce
Sendt: 25. februar 2018 17:21
Til: all-audio@groups.io
Emne: Re: [all-audio] Seeking 2nd sound card recommendations

First of all, actual sound cards are a thing of the past. Good quality audio
interfaces are now built into modern processors, particularly i7 machines. Many
computers are not sold with a piece of hardware for producing sound called a
sound card. Further many audio interfaces sold connect to computers using the
USB port rather than an internal card slot. I opted for this in 2014 when I
bought a commercial audio interface that connects to my computer using USB
rather than an internal card.  I was running Windows 8.1 and needed a sighted
person to configure the bios and the audio interface software of the new
device. Both were inaccessible with a screen reader. However, this was a
onetime configuration and I have never needed to touch them again.

Kelly

View/Reply Online (#277): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/message/277
View All Messages In Topic (6): https://groups.io/g/all-audio/topic/12888733