On 9/16/22 07:28, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 02.08.22 um 17:26 schrieb Jose M Calhariz:

I am not doing progress in solving the autotools problems.

I copied debian directory from official Debian 3.5.1, refresh patches,
and "debuild".  I fails with alot of warnings and this relevant error:

automake: error: cannot open < config/amanda/file-list: No such file or directory
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1
    find ! -ipath "./debian/*" -a ! \( -path '*/.git/*' -o -path '*/.hg/*' -o -path '*/.bzr/*' -o -path '*/.svn/*' -o -path '*/CVS/*' \) -a  -type f -exec md5sum {} + -o -type l -printf "symlink  %p
" > debian/autoreconf.after
dh_autoreconf: autoreconf -f -i returned exit code 1
make: *** [debian/rules:41: build] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build subprocess returned exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -ICVS -I.svn failed

I was able to build debian packages today. This is straight from the github repository, I only applied one patch to the 3.5.2 code to make it work (that patch is in 3.6 beta already).

I decide to share the packages all you amanda-users, just to get some testing and reviewing going:

https://oc.oops.co.at/nextcloud/s/kRbZ82ikQ4a8gjn

! these are no official upstream packages or so ! I cannot guarantee for anything :-) !

Looking forward to any test results or so. Pls only use these packages in TEST environments.

one more:

I remember differences between upstream and debian: backup user etc

I might rebuild later if needed, just wanted to share asap. Right now I am quite busy with X things.

.
I agree, Wayland in place of X needs all the help it can get. I just pulled the 4, 3.6.0 branch files but I'll have to start it up from scratch. Total loss of nearly everything last October.

Thank you Stefan

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis