On 9/19/22 03:19, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 16.09.22 um 17:52 schrieb gene heskett:

The first thing I note is the use of port 5000, and I'm wondering about the possibility of fighting over the ports as Octoprint uses FQDN:5000 as its web server to administer its designated 3d printer.

I expect its changeable, and I've done it to Octoprint just for test, works fine. But is that a potential problem if octoprint is sitting idle on a client at the time amanda gets fired up? Something to check
out I think, Stefan. Thanks.

Where do you see that port 5000?

Not where, what. octoprint runs as a web server which you send a browser to localhost:5000 on the machine running it, or if remote from that machine, you can also use for instance, rock64v2:5000, but you have to login to see what octoprint is doing..  firefox has a couple
cows babout  insecure logins, but can be coerced to work,
The octoprint instance is for pi's, but in this case its actually running inside a named venv on a rock64, old v2, running armbian jammy. I have two of those setup on my local network.

I just looked at a print I started on that machine 10 minutes ago.
I grep through the sources and I am not sure ...

my installation in a test VM seems to work so far, although not yet fully compatible to the Debian packages, as Jose mentioned

The supplied by debian clients always worked, up until I lost both 2T seagate drives in the same week last october, / and /amandatapes. But I always drove those clients with my own build as server. Debians definition of the box its
supposed to run in doesn't quite match my personal view of security.

But that is a different horse entirely.

The problem i'm concerned with is the new versions use of port 5000, when
there is a running instance of octoprint someplace on ones local network.
Octoprint can be moved, I've done it, but so I expect amanda can be too,
just haven't investigated the tarball I grabbed a couple days ago. Even at my age,
88 in a couple weeks, I still have other irons in the fire.

Take care & stay well Stefan.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis