Greetings all;

On 9/14/22 07:39, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 13.09.22 um 22:11 schrieb Nathan Stratton Treadway:

(I just tried sending email to this email address.  My message was
accepted for delivery by the Betsol mail server, and I haven't received
any bounce message back [after waiting a few minutes].  So hopefully the
bounce you saw was just a temporary misconfiguration on the Betsol mail
server...(?) )

Interesting, thanks for testing.

Did you get a reply already?

Would be great to know if someone at Betsol is responding to the community, and when we see installable packages from them.

.
That hasn't happened in a mailing list like time frame yet, typically a month or so. That says amanda is nowhere near the front burner at Betsol. As an amanda user since about the late 1998 time frame, I lament the day that the University of Maryland sold it
all those years ago.

I haven't restarted it since both 2T drives I'd just installed went tits down in the night about 2 weeks apart last October. I will not stop berating seagate for the cause of that debacle, an experiment in flying heads closer to the disk by filling the drives with helium. In my day, any 8th grader knew you can't keep helium, its small enough it walks thru a monel bottle, losing about 10% of it overnight. The drives both failed when enough air got into the drive to raise the flying height
of the heads beyond where they could read or write the disks rust coating.
Here, there are no more spinning rust drives, Samsung SSD's are 5x faster. But /home is now a separate controller with 4 1T Samsung drives in a raid-10 config. And I've yet to order 4 more, and another controller for use as amanda vtapes.

Waiting for 2T SSD's to become affordable, if they ever do.

Take care & stay well everybody.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis