Hello Michael ([EMAIL PROTECTED]),
at 21:43:34, 17-M�r-00, you wrote:
>> Several users reported a large slowdown / cpu usage increase
>> since AmIRC 3.2, however, we have not been able to reproduce
>> this behaviour. Any more detailed reports on this subject
>> are appreciated :)
>
> I have experienced no slow downs with either 3.3 or 3.4 of AmIRC.
> (The separate user list window, however, still has problems, but
> that's another story.)
>
> I have seen reports that some people have reduced the CPU usage
> on their machines by totally shutting off the cursor blinking
> in the MUI settings for the TextInput custom class.
I did that, but not because AmIRC (3.3) was slow, but because I read it
would reduce the CPU usage. Anyway, I have just noticed that when typing
here in YAM2.0 the system seems to be slow also (if I type very fast,
characters do not appear at the same time). I noticed that after
installing AmIRC3.4, but now I wonder...
That's about all I can say about it, sorry :(
Oh, yeah, using a 040/25.
--
{ Frank Meyer-Pfauder Canary Islands - Spain }
{ [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
{ http://i.am/Smurf1 }
{ Software support: http://fly.to/fmp }
{ A4000T - 2+16MB - CV64/3D - M1438S - 4.4x CDROM - OS3.5 }
__________________________________________________________
AmIRC Mailing List - Info & Archive: http://www.vapor.com/
For Listserver Help: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "HELP"
To Unsubscribe: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "UNSUBSCRIBE"