Hi,
I'll answer both of you at the same time...

Gus, why we want to have the same look as WLM ? simply because aMSN is a CLONE
of WLM and what made amsn so
popular today is one thing : "same look and feel", that's our 'trademark' :p
seriously, gaim, kopete, emesene,
whatever, they all do the same thing, an IM client! but why choose amsn, it's
because of its look&feel, people
coming from windows or who still are on windows, they don't want some
application that changes everything, they
don't want to get used to it all over again!!!

I also liked Lord Zak's smileys, and that's when I say "keep it as WLM", I
don't say do a copy, on the contrary,
lord zak's smileys are exactly the way I like it, simple, nice, funny, they
have a little 'cartoon' touch, but
they are the SAME as WLM's... I mean, on WLM, I always use ^o) I just like this
smileys because it shows an
expression I often do in real life... last time, I was trying amsn and I typed
that smiley and it showed me some
smiley that had NOTHING to do with the wlm's one!! it looks like a "smile while
having eyebrows in your face"
instead of "looking up as if you're thinking about something", or "talking
ironically and teasing someone"..
it's too different faces!!!
the one crying :'( it looks more like someone peed on himself:p and the one
with the glasses (H), for me I
always called it the "narcisic smiley" because I use it when I want to joke as
in "I'm so great, I love myself,
who wants my autograph" kind of emotion, the one in svn is more like "it's hot,
I'm on the beach enjoying the
sun"...
the party one is not clear, the 'angel' smiley, in MSN he has an aureole (the
circle above his head) in amsn he
has wings, it's 2 different things!!!  The 'wilted rose' is also completely
different from the original...

and why I ask for the same smileys ? simply because you won't get used to the
new smiley set, a smiley is an
emoticon, an emoticon means it should show an emotion.. if the emotion it shows
on your PC is not the same
emotion it shows on the other user's pc, it's useless!

About saphire.. I don't like the name :p but if you want to change it, I think
you have 2 choices :
1 - delete, then readd
2 - write a support request on the sourceforge tracker telling them that it's
been months since the 'svn move'
command fails and they should enable it from the server because it's driving
everyone crazy!

About the TODO, I suggest you keep it somewhere like the 0.97 TODO has the todo
for 0.97, you could create a
thread "skin TODO" so you can keep track of everything and we can more easily
report stuff to you, it will also
give everyone a good appreciation of when the skin will be finished!

now Lord Zak! I love the icons! As I just said, it's nice, it reflects the same
emotions as the ones from WLM
(so far), I hope you read my mail and will take into account what I said for
the future emoticons (although you
did good so far), I like the cartoony effect they have, although it looks a bit
weird, it's a nice look to have
it like that! they all reflect the same thing as WLM, so I'm glad, continue
like that, get the whole set done
and I think we just got ourselves a great new smiley set that everyone will
surely like!

So in short, thanks, they look good, keep it up, they are more than enough
'WLM-like' and yes, I'd be glad to
have them as the new default skin's smiley set! :)

Good night!

KaKaRoTo