On an average day, I make $70 to $100 on one paid app.  If I get a
blog post,  it jumps up above $200 for a few days.  The first time
Droid Life posted about it, I made $700.  A high-ish profile mention
in a forum will pull in an extra $20 - $40.  My app is in its 3rd
month, and serves a niche market.

If your app is marketable, you need to be watching key terms using
Google Alerts.  Respond to every relevant form and blog post (in as
much of a non-spammy way as possible), and make bloggers love you.

I just started selling on PayPal too, and it has been quite a hassle
to support, and is making about $10/day.  That is only three days of
activity though.  Given time, it may make more money, and I may
suffocate under the pile of "I didn't get my license" and "where do I
download it" emails.