So I have a few thoughts on this subject. I have been hoping ever since
apple introduced this feature for iPhone/iPad that Google would hurry up and
add this. I know of several developers that are making a huge sum more with
in-app virtual good purchases than their pro version ever sold. Because it's
so tightly integrated in the app, it's a very simple dialog to ok/cancel the
purchase and you keep using the app. I have not read the docs yet, I am
going to assume that this is the same experience android users will see...
they won't be taken out of the app to approve the payment correct?

To me, this is the holy grail of mobile apps for developers. I happen to
know of a few people in the micro transaction business, and the predictions
for this particular segment is astronomical. Tapping in to it therefore is
just a matter of finding that right use of it for any given app. Games
obviously are going to be the big winner with this feature, as virtual
goods, map packs and so forth are unmatched in consumption by end users. I
am blown away with how easy it is for someone to spend a buck to customize
their avatar look, or a buck for a avatar item.. few bucks to customize, etc
etc.

I am really hoping.. and if anyone has read and has a clear understanding of
what is going to possible.. that they have at least provided what apple has
in their API for both end users and developers. Apple for example shows the
top "in-app" purchases. Is there a way for the developer to get info on each
and every in-app purchase, to figure out what is selling good and what might
not be? Will the Market display the top in-app purchases? For the end user..
how does the in-app purchase go.. is it simply a dialog to approve/deny the
purchase? What if they have never bought anything yet? I see that Google and
ATT now allow for purchases to appear on their bill. I am hoping at least
for ATT that in-app purchases automatically go to their bill as well? Is
there any time frame on when Verizon, t-mobile, sprint and other carriers
around the world will support this?