Dianne Hackborn wrote:

> Long press on menu is NOT what you should be making your users do.
> Seriously.  It sucks.  Who would guess that is how you get to a keyboard?
> Please give them a decent UI.

Depends on the application.   I just heard from one Hero user they are
unable to enter data in a text field.  I was assuming somehow the
Android Keyboard was turned off in settings.  Maybe they need to do a
long press to bring it up.  I tried a version of my app when I was
developing it last spring that used widgets but it was clunky.  Some of
my customers that had iPhones told me they didn't like gadget like
entries for my kind of app.  Also the date widget has too limited a date
range for my purposes.  It was also easier to port the app as it was on
the desktop in Java using text fields.