sounds like conservation talks. I'm afraid because I don't understand
what they are doing. I will not sit into train, because I don't know
who in the front of it...

Good application on which spent a lot of efforts requires good
protection. You pay money for application and it services, and in
rights ask explanation from developers site, may be even ask about
some special guaranties... But in any case It is completely your
choice do you want to use best application on market and did security
prerequisites with guaranties from developer side, or use free
software with open source and etc.