2009/12/9 Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com>

> Has anyone got a good method to teach users that the Market is a one way
> street and that I can't reply there.   I've tried putting that in the
> description, wasting valuable text space, I put in in my news button on the
> game but they still ask for help in the market and leave a low score because
> they can't figure out how to run the game.

My first impression is that there's something lacking in your game which
is leading people to attempt to contact you by leaving a comment and
poor rating.
I know a few people will just try and figure things out for themselves,
but if you've got people asking the same things over again maybe it
needs to be included within the app as a help or FAQ page for users to read.
I don't think there's any way you'll be able to educate users, they want
it their way or they complain. Just look at all the complaints when
facebook refreshes the interface!

On the side of this in my week of actually being an android developer
I'm noticing a few bits lacking from the developer home page for
applications. I'm pretty sure the data is available but not for us.
Things I think are missing are:

        ability to see and respond to users comments
        what platform/os the application has been installed on
                ( Why develop for 1.1 if everyone's > 1.6 and you
                  want a 1.5 feature? )
        install/upgrade stats + graphs.

I know this isn't the place to ask for these and maybe there's plans but
that's my thoughts so far.

Maybe google will come to the rescue and give us access to see and reply
to comments so we don't have to keep looking at our apps in the
marketplace to see what comments have been made, making it look like we
don't care what our users think.

Regards

Steve.