Wayne Wenthin wrote:
[...] If they continue I may just break down and buy a Mac. At least with Apple you know where you stand... Generally under the foot of Jobs but at least you know it.

Heh, I already have a pretty decent MacBookPro and all I can say is that I much prefer running Linux on it and develop Android apps in a pretty open environment. Sure, there are things that could could work better and some things that I might prioritize differently, but it's complex stuff and it keeps evolving at a fast pace without breaking much backwards.

If you are into optimizing your short term money, going iPhone may be your better choice (or not), but to me Android is more "right".

                My 0.20 SEK, YMMV / Jonas
                (Winner, Swedish Android Dev Competition 2009)