Hi Brian,

I do not really intended to use a generic pub/sub mechanism, though it would
work if it is there.

I explained a little bit more in the email to Zongpeng that how it works with
unsolicited synchronization without pub/sub objectives.

If I understand your previous email correctly, you talked about pub/sub
functionalities to be implemented with (unsolicited synchronization msg +
pub/sub objectives) are not ready to be used right now.

I kind of think the co-authors of that draft will be keeping working on pub/sub
functions.

But at the same time, even without a full functional pub/sub, a unicast
unsolicited sync would be still useful in distributing the mapping info.

The number of PEP is very limited and the purpose is not to disseminate the
policies themselves but to inform the group mapping information. PEP can
selectively use those mapping information based on the group based policies
provisioned upfront.

Or did I misunderstand the relationship of pub/sub and unsolicited sync
proposed in another draft?

Thanks,
Yizhou