On 29-Oct-21 14:19, Liyizhou wrote:
Hi Brian,

I gave a second thoughts on using the unsolicited sync.

I agree with your TCP/UDP comments. So I think the conveying message of
mapping info can be changed to rapid mode of discovery instead.
That's efficient and simple. And also removes the requirement of state
maintenance.

I am also thinking to add a "role" parameter to distinguish the info provider
and consumer.

Good idea. I like Toerless's idea of using a JSON-like dictionary for complicated objectives, since
it makes it very easy to add features like "role". I used that idea in
draft-carpenter-anima-grasp-config-00 and when you understand it, it is quite powerful. (It's very
natural to use in "modern" programming languages, but a bit tricky in plain C.)

   Brian

Hope that works.

Thanks,
Yizhou