Laurence Lundblade <l...@island-resort.com> wrote:
    > I think the main goal for EAT is to allow a general EAT handler to know
    > if EAT is CBOR/CWT or JSON/JWT. Either “eat+cbor” or “eat+cwt” will do
    > that. Probably “eat+cwt” is better because it is more specific.

An EAT handler will need to process application/eat+FOO.
I think that there is no dispute here.

MIME media types are used for not just assertions about what something is,
but also in Accept: headers to say what the requester would like to receive.

The utility of the +stuff, particularly if there are multiple +stuff, is when
one has a non-specific handler that would like to decode as much as possible.
For instance, wireshark/tcpdump, or your favourite software IDE.

I have just sent requests to media-types for +cwt and +cose to go through
Expert Review.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )