Hi - I don't know how others feel, but one of the "community" issues
I'm having is that a mailing list is not a great place to have 5
discussions going on at once, IMO.  If the mailing list does get more
active (which in a way would be great), I would probably have to just
unsubscribe.

I think it's great that people are having in-depth discussions about
how fast-cgi works, OACS, the issues with implementing it, etc., but
since that isn't on my radar and I have zero interest in OACS, it's
mostly noise to me.  It'd be much easier IMO if "how to get fastcgi on
AS" were a topic on a topic-based bulletin-board.  THen people could
look at things that were directly relevant or of interest.

The other advantage of a topic-based board is that when new people
join, they can easily get a sense of history.  I know (or think) there
is an archived copy of the mailing list, but doubt many people are
going to go through 8-10 years of a mailing list.  But, they might go
poking through topics that look interesting on a board.

To keep people "in the loop", maybe a daily digest of topics with
activity could be emailed.

Just a thought...

Jim