On 8 May 2014 00:11, David Chan <dc...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Content_translation/LinearDoc for a
> more detailed description of how it works.

LinearDoc is functionally identical to what I suggested based on the actual
implementation I wrote for GramTrans years ago. It works very well, and
since Wikimedia ended up with the same structure as the only real solution,
then that shows it's pretty much the only way that'll work.

Reference:
http://www.mail-archive.com/apertium-stuff@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03864.html

-- Tino Didriksen