Message de Jürgen Schmidt  date 2013-01-23 10:12 :

exactly and that means a minor code change and a rebuild. If this kind
of cleanup changes are not allowed with a major release than we do
something wrong. You should not forget the benefit for new developers
that we want to reach. A cleaner and better API is much easier to learn
for them. Existing developers will have no trouble with adapting the
changes but all new ones will benefit.

If you were reading real user questions in forums you would be appalled by the low programming level of those wanting to automate tasks, whether in social clubs, small businesses, administrations and even big companies. They are often non-programmers, or young trainees, that create applications that become indispensable. Don't suppose that they have time and knowledge to quickly debug a program that used to work for months or years. It will be hard for them to find out which change happened in the API and how to modify.

If you think that these changes will make the API easier, you are wrong. OpenOffice API is and will remain huge and complex for the casual programmer, because it was created by highly qualified programmers, to be understood and used by their peers; contrary to VBA that is customer oriented.