Dear Niranjan,

thanks for your straight forward feedback.

As my colleague Jana already mentioned this is a Release Candidate (RC2) of
our upcoming release.
If something is not working like you expect then please tell us on github
(best case in a polite and respectful way).

Since this is the very first feedback of that kind and I can´t replicate
the problem on my machine (MacBook, from website download to up and running
in 1 minute).
Please check all settings again and in case the RC2 is still not working
open an issue on github and describe your path step-by-step. If you first
install ArangoDB please use "root" as the username and leave the password
field empty.

If you´re evaluating ArangoDB for a client, I would recommend to use our
latest stable version 3.0.10 release which you can get here:
https://www.arangodb.com/download/macosx/

Best, Jan

> Hi Jana,
>
> I installed the RC2 on my Mac; but when I start the server, nothing
> happens. No log file is generated, the URL (http://127.0.0.1:8529/) is
> not accessible.
>
> I want to evaluate this product as part of a proposal which I am preparing
> for my client. But this product has the worst bootstraping IMHO.
>
> ~ Niranjan
>

> On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 8:24:09 AM UTC-7, Jana V wrote:
>>
>> Hello community,
>>

>> In case you have not seen it yet – the RC2 of the upcoming ArangoDB 3.1
>> is feature complete and ready for testing!
>>

>> It comes with several improvements and new features, the list of which
>> you can find here
>> <https://www.arangodb.com/2016/10/release-candidate-2-of-arangodb-3-1/>.
>> There is also “a-little-something-special” feature which we introduce for
>> the first time – SmartGraphs. In short it enables you to shard really huge
>> graphs in a cluster achieving close to the same performance as on a single
>> instance. You will find a more detailed explanation here
>> <https://docs.arangodb.com/3.1.rc2/Manual/Graphs/SmartGraphs/index.html>.
>> As it is a completely new feature, I invite you all to give it a spin and
>> tell us what you like, dislike, would prefer to have differently – any
>> feedback is a great feedback, and we grow thanks to it. ;) It comes as part
>> of the ArangoDBEnterprise Edition
>> <https://www.arangodb.com/download-arangodb-enterprise/> which is free
>> for evaluation (Yes, there is a short download form; and yes, we promise to
>> "spam" you only a tiny little bit  :) ) Join our #feedback31
>> <https://slack.arangodb.com/> slack community channel to let us know
>> what you think.
>>
> --

Jan Stücke
Head of Communication

ArangoDB
*the multi-model NoSQL database*

Jan Stücke
jan.stue...@arangodb.com
+49 (0)221 / 2722999-60

ArangoDB GmbH
Hohenstaufenring 43-45
50674 Köln

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln
Registergericht Köln; HRB 53597

Geschäftsführung:
Dr. Frank Celler
Claudius Weinberger

are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in
error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. We
have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software
viruses but nevertheless advise you to carry out your own virus checks on
any attachment of this message. We accept no liability for loss or damage
caused by software.