take a look at the various schematics available for tablet reference
designs etc. etc. you want  something like a SY7208 see
http://hands.com/~lkcl/eoma/TABLET162_20121110.pdf page 7 and make
sure it's providing enough current.

please for goodness sake read the next update when it comes out,
please for god's sake don't go searching on digikey, pick the first
random convenient IC and expect to be able to have what you design
made up in even a small volume at anything approaching a reasonable
cost.  it's very very easy to design ultra-expensive products.

take a look at frida's LCDs, we have the advantage of being in touch
directly with marco, the possibility of group buys, etc. etc.
datasheets all here:
http://rhombus-tech.net/suppliers/shenzen/frida_lcd/

l.