Peter, not sure what parts of this might be useful, so I'll try to keep it
brief.  Let me know if you want more details about anything.

Coming to you from Firefox running on F27 4.15.2-301.aarch64 running on a
Raspberry Pi 3B.  Xfce4 as GUI.

Last two installs (over the last week or so) were from the F27 link to aarch64
downloads, and I used the Workstation download in both cases:
Fedora-Workstation-27-1.6.aarch64

The base 4.13 install was pretty unusable through the GUI.  System crashed
after initial setup as it was trying to bring up the login screen.  Power
cycled and it came up with the GUI screen.  GUI performance was so slow that I
presumed it was hung; might have just been performance, though.  Login via ssh
from Mac worked.   Did a dnf update to get to 4.14.18-300 and when I rebooted
got black screen (no login GUI); load was 0.01, so it was idle but graphical
not working.  I assumed that the 4.4.18 update broke X.  Installed the 4.15
rpms ref'd here and got the black screen on boot.  But in all those cases,
could get to the system via ssh from my Mac.  Performance for routine tasks
similar to SUSE Leap 42.3.  On 4.15, using nmcli, was able to get WiFi working
routinely.  So the biggest issue was the GUI -- which is a problem if you're
trying to run the workstation environment.  :-)

After meeting yesterday, did a fresh install of F-Workstation-27-1.6-aarch64 to
get the initial 4.13 kernel.  Again, slow GUI; did setup; system restarted GUI
and brought up login screen successfully, but system hung when I logged in.
Rebooted through power cycle and worked from Mac via ssh.  Transferred over the
4.15 rpms and the brcm...txt file needed for WiFi (copied from site Paul
ref'd).  INSTALLED 4.15 DIRECTLY, AVOIDING 4.14 UPDATE.  Came up with GUI on
reboot.  THEN did dnf update.  Reboot, & GUI still works -- but is still very
slow.  Used GUI interface to set up WiFi: works. Did a "systemctl set-default
multi-user.service" and rebooted to get rid of GUI login screen.  Did a dnf
groupinstall "xfce workstation".  On console, did startxfce4 and got a usable
GUI.  Slower than OpenSUSE Leap 42.3 but usable and stable.  Exited and tried
Worg ... hung screen.

My tentative conclusion is that the Worg stuff is unusable at this point and
that I'm better sticking with xfce.  I'll try a clean install of minimal and
then install xfce to see if that results in an even more stable and reliable
workstation envt.

4.15 boots from either USB or microSD on the RPi-3B.  The RPi-3B will boot from
the microSD card or from a USB drive if it has been prepared (one-time process)
to so.  F27-4.15 will boot from either.  (I use a microSD and microSD-USB
adapter so the same card is used with different interfaces).  Timings are
comparable, but USB *seems* to boot a bit faster (54 sec vs 60 for microSD).
But the good news is that you COULD do the initial dd copy onto a
USB-interfaced SSD, resize the / partition with gparted on a host, and then
boot the RPi directly from the SSD drive if you wanted, with no extra finagling
needed.

I'll follow up with more info if my minimal install / 4.15 update / xfce
install is successful.

David