> > when i enable the original dtb file, the board is now working, I am
> > however succeeded in soldering a serial connection to the board.
> >
> > The only strange thing is when i send from one side:
> >
> > echo -en '\x00' > /dev/ttyS0          i receive 0x00 in hex
> > echo -en '\x01' > /dev/ttyS0          i receive 0x7F in hex
> >
> > --> this makes the serial output unreadable since the mapping of
> > characters seems to be off, does anyone has an idea how to fix
> > this?
> >
> > --> i tried this with a baudrate of 300 to be sure the connection
> > is
> > stable.
>
> All Allwinner devices I've seen use a rate of 115200, it may be that
> the serial port isn't enabled by default in u-boot and/or the
> DeviceTree because of it being a tablet and it not having one by
> default so you might nee to look at what needs to change for that to
> work.

its not really clear to me, but since i am capable to send data over in
hex, its seems that its enabled and also working on a rate of 300.
Because when i send '\x01\x01' i receive 0x7f7f on the receiver side.
Just to be clear i opened the serial terminal on my tablet as well
(from within fedora running on tablet) at a baudrate of 300.

Could it be that the dts is using the wrong serial device driver?
Are there many different serial drivers for the allwinner a10?
I am using this one:
                serial@01c28000 {
                        compatible = "snps,dw-apb-uart";
                        reg = <0x1c28000 0x400>;
                        interrupts = <0x1>;
                        reg-shift = <0x2>;
                        reg-io-width = <0x4>;
                        clocks = <0x3c 0x10>;
                        status = "okay";
                        pinctrl-names = "default";
                        pinctrl-0 = <0x3d>;
                };

I might be able to find out which serial device is used in the android
fex files.