Interesting response, wouldst appear to be an instance of threatening
personal destruction for a "thoughtcrime."  To even think about race
analytically is apparently evil which must be eradicated, in this writer's
view.

john

At 07:27 PM 2/16/01 +0100, you wrote:
>I would not like to use dirty words but this line of thought could take
>you directly to some kind of racism. That's why your question is just
>stupid. But you probably know it.
>
> > On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Bryan Caplan wrote:
> >
> > > Sachs has popularized a strong finding: Distance from the equator
> > > explains a great deal of the variation in income *levels* between
> > > countries.  The further from the equator, the richer countries are.
> > > There are also some parallel findings for growth - controlling for other
> > > factors, growth is slower in the tropics than in temperate zones.
> > >
> > > Question: What would controlling for racial composition do to these
> > > results?  Clearly there is high collinearity between race and latitude,
> > > though modern transportation is weakening the connection.  If you do
> > > both latitude and racial composition, what would happen?  Does anyone
> > > have hard evidence on this?
> > > --

John W. Cunningham
Contract Administrator
United Academics
PO Box 755895
Fairbanks, AK  99775
Toll Free 1-877-474-2461 (In-state only)
Phone:  907-474-2461 Fax: 907-474-2465
(http:www.alaska.net/~academe/)