John Cunningham wrote:

> Interesting response, wouldst appear to be an instance of threatening
> personal destruction for a "thoughtcrime."  To even think about race
> analytically is apparently evil which must be eradicated, in this writer's
> view.
>
> john

Thinking and writing analytically about race is certainly a good and
important thing to do.
As far as I know, the "race problem" has been analytically treated in
two ways. One, to consider human homogeneity (there is one human race).
Two to consider human heterogeneity (there are different human races).
The father of economics and his followers fall in the first group. It is
indeed the idea of radical human homogeneity that made economics dismal,
attracting the furies of who believed in human heterogeneity.

I think it is therefore surprising to see economists abandoning their
original analytical framework. Especially since, historically, the
analytical and scientific research on races was called eugenics....

For a detailed and analytical historical research on this topic, please
refer to the most recent work by David Levy ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).
An example can be found at:

http://www.econlib.org/library/Columns/LevyPeartdismal.html

Maria