Hi Matt.

Another point to mention is that you should update your version of R ... 2.7.x
is >2.5 years old, which is a long time in R.  I'd recommend 2.11.x ..

Cheers,
Mark

On 2010-09-02, at 2:51 PM, Pierre Neuvial wrote:

> [Forwarding this to the list so that others can read this thread]
>
> Pierre
>
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Matt <matt.kowg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Pierre,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I guess it's a problem with the source because what
>> you say is exactly what I did and I get the error message shown.
>>
>> Best,
>> Matt
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:20 PM, Pierre Neuvial <pie...@stat.berkeley.edu>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Matt,
>>>
>>> You want to *update* the package, not *patch* it: the difference
>>> between updates and patches is explained at
>>> http://aroma-project.org/howtos/updateOrPatch.
>>>
>>> So, to update aroma.affymetrix, do:
>>>
>>> source("http://aroma-project.org/hbLite.R";);
>>> hbInstall("aroma.affymetrix");
>>>
>>> as explained at http://aroma-project.org/install
>>>
>>> Hope this helps,
>>>
>>> Pierre.

>>> --
>>> When reporting problems on aroma.affymetrix, make sure 1) to run the
>>> latest version of the package, 2) to report the output of sessionInfo() and
>>> traceback(), and 3) to post a complete code example.

>>> To unsubscribe and other options, go to
>>> http://www.aroma-project.org/forum/

------------------------------
Mark Robinson, PhD (Melb)
Epigenetics Laboratory, Garvan
Bioinformatics Division, WEHI
e: m.robin...@garvan.org.au
e: mrobin...@wehi.edu.au
p: +61 (0)3 9345 2628
f: +61 (0)3 9347 0852

The information in this email is confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.
You must not disclose, forward, print or use it without the permission of the
sender.