We faced a similar issue when we upgraded from 7.6.04 to 8.1.01.  We had
created a link within the incident resolution email to go to the SRM:Survey,
but then SRM was also sending out emails as well with surveys.  What I found
was that although there are entries in SYS:Notifcation Messages form for SRM
surveys (SRM:SRV:IndividualSurveyMessage_New) and you can turn this to offline;
the SRM filter code does not reference this table on whether to send this out.
So, even if you have this entry marked as offline (like we did) the SRM filter
workflow sends out the survey emails regardless.  BMC came back that it was
working as designed (even though I totally disagreed) and provided a RFE defect
of SW00443298.

They provided me the following workaround by customizing the SRM workflow:

Hi Jamie,

As per SRM experts, you can modify the following two filters to add a
qualification for to check Message tag status (additional qualification
criteria is at the end of each set fields qualification).
It is recommended to create an overlay so the customizations can be identified
and reverted back to OOTB.

Please modify the following filters for message tag validation of being enabled.

SRM:SRV:ModifySurvey_803_OnSubmit_NotificationLocal filter (runs on
modify/submit with run if qualification of (' Survey_e-Mail_Address' != $ NULL$)

Set fields against sys:notification messages - no match null or use first
matching -- (' Notification Message Tag' =
"SRM:SRV:IndividualSurveyMessage_New") AND ((' Locale' = $ Locale$) OR ('
Locale' = $ z1D Char2$)) AND ' Status' ="Enabled"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SRM:SRV:ModifySurvey_804_OnSubmit_NotificationLocalNULL - modify/submit - ('
Survey_e-Mail_Address' != $ NULL$) AND (' z1D_Comment1' = $ NULL$)

Set fields against sys:notification messages - no match null or use first
matching -- (' Notification Message Tag' =
"SRM:SRV:IndividualSurveyMessage_New") AND (' Locale' = $ NULL$) AND ' Status'
="Enabled"

Please test the survey function after filter modification and let me know if
the change suppresses the notification.

We never went with the customization workaround because we instead decided to
disable the incident rule of 'Creating request on incident creation' to remove
the survey functionality.  Instead I modified our incident resolution email to
include a direct link to an internal Sharepoint site to submit feedback.