Greetings!

I have created a dialog floating panel containing a character field of which I
want to be able to email to the user.  The recipient's email is constructed
from another field on the form followed by the domain.  While the user gets the
email, the value of the specific field in question is not being put into the
text of the notify action.  No email templates are being used at this time.

I checked the permissions thinking that they may be playing a part.  The Public
group has View permission on the form, the dialog panel and the character
field.  When that didn't help, I thought that maybe the workflow that hid the
panel was causing the character field to be inaccessible, although the filter
seemed to disagree with me.

In the filter workflow that actually fires the Notify action, I placed a
Message action immediately before the Notify action to show the value of the
field.  The prompt correctly displayed the value of the field, but it doesn't
appear in the email message.  The value of the field is plain text.  I also
tried placing the value of $Case ID+$ (the request ID) right before the
character field name and it comes through just fine.

I hope this makes sense.  Since this is something that's new in 9.1 and not
something that I was trained on, what is it that I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

--Dustin Fawver

HelpDesk Technician
East Tennessee State University