From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Fawver, Dustin
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2017 7:18 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Dialog panels and Notify action

**

Greetings, once again!

I have figured this out, but I would still like some advice.  What was
causing my issue is that I was setting the field in question to $NULL$ after
the Notify action within the filter.  I even tried setting the field to
$NULL$ in a different filter step with a later execution order.  I suppose
this is due to filter phases.
(https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/ars91/Filter+phases).

Aside from emailing the contents of this field, the contents are also copied
to one of two other fields, depending on the tech's choice, that are also
saved to the database.  Thus I don't need yet another copy of the field's
contents.  For those who may have encountered this before, should I create
another active link that executes After Modify that sets the panel's fields
to $NULL$ and then calls Commit Changes?

Thanks again!

--Dustin Fawver

HelpDesk Technician
East Tennessee State University