Hi All,

Thanks Misi.  Sorry for the delayed response.  I’ve been working feverishly and
haven’t spent time on the arslist.  I thank you for your time and efforts
hosting it.

Our data migration product does much more than simple data migration.  It
allows you to change Support structures, Operating Companies, Categorizations
etc. during the data migration as well as keeping a new system up to date with
an old system.

As a simple example, consider the product catalogue.  You may have 5 different
BMC manufacturers and many times more that of product catalogue entries:  BMC,
BMC Software, BMC Software Inc, and so on.  In the new system, you would have
only one BMC manufacturer with all dependent data changed as needed.

As a more complex example, the migration package will move Change of type
Release to the Release module.  Any tasks in the change become Activities.

Meta-Update can do anything – period.  It’s chief advantage is its ability to
do complex things with no programming and especially no API skills.  Any ARS
Developer / Admin should be able to do what they need to do with an hour
introductory WebEx.

Consider Meta-Archive – a completely configurable archive solution that 1)
checks root associations (so that an Incident connected to an open change is
NOT archived), and 2) can output to Archive forms, CSVs, HTML, another server
instance.  In production use on ITSM 9.1, 8.1, 7.6.04.

Consider that we had a customer who had all CIs as Computer Systems (due to a
bad migration) and had worked these a year accumulating leases, changes,
relationships, etc.  A Meta-Update script of 16 hours was able to move all this
data to the proper set of classes.

Consider that a Proof of Concept script was able to change a mass of login ids
in an automated way even using a separate SQL server to query so that indexes
could be applied that were not desired in the production server.

Many more examples and information about the data migration product available
at www.softwaretoolhouse.com <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com>

Cheers,

Ben Chernys
Senior Software Architect

Canada / Deutschland
Mobile:    +49 171 380 2329   GMT - 7 + [ DST ]

Mobile     +1 403  554 0887
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

We are a BMC Technology Alliance Partner

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor and our  Freebies Section for
ITSM Forms and Fields spreadsheet.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate your imports,
migrations, in no time at all, without programming, without staging forms,
without merge workflow.

Meta-Archive does ITSM Archiving your way: with your forms and your
multi-tenant rules, treating each root request as a complete tree and checking
associatuions.  Archive output to different servers, HTML pages with links to
attachments or archive forms.

Pre ITSM 9.1.02?  Clarify?  Roll your own?  No problem!

You can keep your valuable data!

 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/