Is that correct?

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 10:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Java question....

**

The compatibility matrixes always state the base level of java support
required, followed by the hopeful phrase "or higher."  When (not if) you
experience java issues, the first thing support will do is ask you to
install the version of java that the AR component was actually developed
against (in the case of ARS 7.1, that is java 1.5).  I find it simpler
and vastly more stable to do that on day one, and maintain java at that
level, ignoring updates.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/