Speaking of confusing version numbers...

I recently ran across document #88219
(http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/82/19/88219/88219.pdf ),
titled "BMC Configuration Management Configuration Discovery Integration
for CMDB 7.2.01".

CMDB 7.2.01?  I was thinking "Atrium is at 2.1... maybe they added the
"7." to make the numbering more uniform (like the Java versions)."  In
reading the document, I'm pretty sure that the 7.2.01 refers to the
version of the integration, not the version of CMDB.  But still, its a
little confusing.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're yours."-- Richard
Bach

Rick Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
06/06/2008 08:02 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: Java question....

** Java 1.5 = Java 5.0.  They changed the numbering mechanism starting
with v5/1.5.  Sort of like Solaris did when they went from 2.6 to 7.0
(which was really 2.7).

Anyway, like Chris said, any 1.5 version above _12 will probably work, and
there's probably no reason to not get the most current one of those.  But
unless you like a challenge and the occasional surprise, you might avoid
Java 6 for now.

Rick

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:49 AM, Richard Copits <