Were either of the reports I sent you able to be run on your server?
They were modified from OOTB reports in Crystal Reports Professional XI
version 11.0.0.1282.  Given Business Objects/Crystal Reports track
record on backwards compatibility (similar to java - lousy), I would
have no expectation that CR XI R2 or R3 reports would work if the CRXI
executables installed with the User Tool are not at those levels. The
only problem I can think of with the reports that I sent you would be if
the helpdesk manager (who does our custom reporting) added any of our
custom fields to the detail by date report... you would not have those
fields on your Incident form.

ODBC is configured as installed by the User Tool, with all entries but
the Data Source Name blank.  You should make sure that there is nothing
set in the ODBC driver except Data Source Name on the machine that you
are editing your reports on.  We do set the FQDN of the report server
and its TCP port as well as ODBC Use Underscores = Yes in ALL of our
default AR System User Preferences records, which all users have, so
anyone logging in to our system will have the correct entries available
to the ODBC driver when running the reports.

Still casting about for something that might help...

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/