From: strauss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 7:58 am
Subject: Re: 911: ITSM 7.x and Reporting

**

Were either of the reports I sent you able to be run on your server?  They were
modified from OOTB reports in Crystal Reports Professional XI version
11.0.0.1282.  Given Business Objects/Crystal Reports track record on backwards
compatibility (similar to java – lousy), I would have no expectation that CR XI
R2 or R3 reports would work if the CRXI executables installed with the User
Tool are not at those levels. The only problem I can think of with the reports
that I sent you would be if the helpdesk manager (who does our custom
reporting) added any of our custom fields to the detail by date report… you
would not have those fields on your Incident form.

ODBC is configured as installed by the User Tool, with all entries but the Data
Source Name blank.  You should make sure that there is nothing set in the ODBC
driver except Data Source Name on the machine that you are editing your reports
on.  We do set the FQDN of the report server and its TCP port as well as ODBC
Use Underscores = Yes in ALL of our default AR System User Preferences records,
which all users have, so anyone logging in to our system will have the correct
entries available to the ODBC driver when running the reports.

Still casting about for something that might help…

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/