-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David.M Clark
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:28 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: TelAlert Info

I've used it for several years to send assignment notifications to
pagers (via filters) and system status messages (via escalations) to
telephones with that synthetic voice.  Just outgoing stuff though, and
the version is getting pretty old.  My understanding is that their
licensing scheme has changed over the years from a per server to a per
RECIPIENT rate, so it's not cheap to use.  If you haven't already looked
for alternatives, you may want to start doing so.  Basically you add a
client executable file (telalert.exe or telalertc.exe I think) to your
Remedy application server, configure the TelAlert server (if on a
different box) to allow communications from the Remedy IP address, then
create workflow do a Run Process with a Command Line like:

/apps/telalert/telalert -host xx.xxx.xx.xx -c lNashvilleTextPager -pin
$Number$ -user Admin -m $Short Description$

Getting TelAlert installed and configured is definitely much harder than
actually using it, but I haven't really had to do anything to it BUT use
it since I set it up six years ago at my current site.  (Has it been
SIX?  Time to start looking.)  Consequently, I don't remember a lot of
setup details... sorry.

-D

David M Clark
Remedy Programmer/Analyst