From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) on behalf of Shurmur, Cathy
Sent: Mon 12/8/2008 7:38 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Problem with Crystal Reports 10 Running on ARS 7.1

**

ARS listers I have a problem and need your help.

After doing an upgrade from ars 6.3 patch 24 to ars 7.1, our crystal reports
will not run.

We are receiving this error:

An error occurred while generating the Crystal report: 0x80043ac3 - File not
found. (ARERR 1904)

Before the server upgrade I also upgraded Crystal reports from 8.5 to V10.

V10 reports ran fine from

our 6.3 environment.  Our reports are being run  in varous ways:

from active links through the reports form, from active links with reports
embedded and directly from the reporting tool.

To troubleshoot this problem, I uninstalled the User tool and Admin tool from
my PC - both versions

6.3 and 7.1. I reinstalled the 7.1 client and now get a another set of problems.

Running a report from an active link through the report form  based on a fairly
current entry, the report runs but does not pull back any data. If I try to run
a report based on a record - say two years old - the report runs fine.

Trying to run the same report but embedded within the active link, I still get
the original error:

An error occurred while generating the Crystal report: 0x80043ac3 - File not
found. (ARERR 1904)

ODBC underscores is checked in the Admin tool.

Has anyone had success with 7.1 and Crystal 10?

Thank You,

Cathy Shurmur

Remedy Admin

IT Communications