From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Decou, Candace M
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 8:26 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Starting Request ID at a higher number

Yes, but also be aware that you will need to deal with the various ticket
number generator forms if you are using any of the OOB apps and I believe there
is one for each primary form, e.g., one for Change, one for Incident, etc.  We
have had to do this a number of times after importing large batches of data
into the system in order to reset the correct value that will populate the
Change ID, etc.  This however is the result of having to import data that has
very precisely defined Change ID's to begin with (and which are imported) and
may not be a problem in your scenario, but just be aware of it.

:)
Candace