From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of lee
Sent: 23 April 2009 19:37
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Who is using SRM?

We have been using SRM for 1 year almost.
Started with 2.0... had issues with bugs.
Moved to 2.1 and got it stable and working but couldn't apply patch
1.  BMC swore up and down it was our fault.
Had to spend the next 6-8 months rebuilding our whole dev site for
BMC... and in the end it was BMC installer issue.

We use it for incidents and work orders.
We created custom forms to do things that SRM can't do.. like
autoclose work orders if something is not needed.
It is a good product but needs work.

Installed SRM 2.2 in dev and found it broke a lot of our 2.1 set up.

I'm looking for 2.5 info but it seems be removed from all places I
thought I saw it.

The midtier performance of the SRM isn't the best..
The usability for support staff is not the best (REQ# vs INC# vs
WO#... and the fact that support staff can't open these from the
process view is irritating)

SRM 2.1 notifications are not polished.  Some don't even work
properly.

But the whole idea of it is good and we believe it will be polished up
real soon.  I wish I could see info on SRM 2.5 though.

On Apr 23, 11:22 am, PCR Remedy <pcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One customer go live 7 months ago. Each month they create 1,600 new
> requests, in a Catalog of 80 services.
>
> Peter.
>
> On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Pierson, Shawn <shawn.pier...@sug.com>wrote:
>

> > ** Good morning,
>
> > This should be a rather simple question.  How many of you are using BMC's
> > SRM module in production currently?  If you are using it, what types of
> > things do you use it for?
>
> > We bought it and are looking at using it, but it is tedious so I want to
> > make sure we don't invest a lot of time and money into it if it's not widely
> > used enough for BMC to keep it around.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > *Shawn Pierson *
> > Remedy Developer | Southern Union
>
> > Private and confidential as detailed
> > here<http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail>.
> > If you cannot access hyperlink, please e-mail sender.
> > _Platinum Sponsor: rmisoluti...@verizon.net ARSlist: "Where the Answers
> > Are"_

This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only. Its contents are
confidential and may only be retained by the named recipient(s) and may only be
copied or disclosed with the consent of LCH.Clearnet Limited.   If you are not
an intended recipient please delete this e-mail and notify
postmas...@lchclearnet.com.

The contents of this email are subject to contract in all cases, and
LCH.Clearnet Limited makes no contractual commitment save where confirmed by
hard copy.  LCH.Clearnet Limited accepts no liability, including liability for
negligence, in respect of any statement in this email.

LCH.Clearnet Limited, Registered Office: Aldgate House, 33 Aldgate High Street,
London EC3N 1EA.    Recognised as a Clearing House under the Financial Services
& Markets Act 2000. Reg in England No.25932
Telephone: +44 20 7426 7000              Internet: http://www.lchclearnet.com