Hi Jason,

I got a bit different environment, that is the server is running under VM
instead of phsyical, and is not belong to any domain yet. It is running
under a workgroup.
Which I was using is  local administrator through the remote desktop
section.

Seems to be I have to try for more case.

Thanks for your help
---
MICHAEL WONG
System Support Consultant  -  Infrastructure &  Field Services Division

             Jason Miller
             <jason.mil...@gma
             IL.COM>                                                    To
             Sent by: "Action          arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             Request System                                             cc
             discussion list
             (ARSList)"                                            Subject
             <arsl...@arslist.         Re: Remedy on Windows 2008 64 bits

             01/26/2010 12:23
             PM

             Please respond to
             arsl...@arslist.o
                    RG

** Sounds pretty much like what we did.? I don't remember having to run the
installer in compatibility mode but it may be worth a try.

Are you logged into the server as a local admin?? Now that I think about it
I was logged in as a domain admin.? A local admin should be sufficient but
maybe using a domain admin has given me a little extra something that has
helped to avoid this issue (which seems to fairly common).

Do you have DEP turned off?? I wouldn't think that is the issue but maybe
some part of the installer is trying to execute from a data area of memory.

The only other thing I can think of would be does one of the directories
involved have the Read Only flag set (assuming sufficient permissions)?