Hi Listeners,

I was trying to install ARS7.5 on Windows 2008R2 without success. It always
complain "There have 0MB space available for the installation". Even if I
use the local disk or additional disk.

Any hints? Initially, I though it is the AR issue on not support 2008R2.
However, after Strauss posts, seems it is related to others issue.

Thanks in advance.
---
MICHAEL WONG
System Support Consultant  -  Infrastructure &  Field Services Division
Automated Systems (HK) Limited

Tel: (852) 2608 3736 | Fax: (852) 2608 6589 | Email: micw...@asl.com.hk |
www.asl.com.hk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute
or copy this email. Please notify us immediately by email if you have
received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. No
person is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of
Automated Systems Holdings Limited, its subsidiaries and associates (the
ASL Group) with another party by email unless prior written authorization
has been granted by the ASL Group.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             strauss
             <stra...@unt.edu>
             Sent by: "Action                                           To
             Request System            arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
             discussion list                                            cc
             (ARSList)"
             <arsl...@arslist.                                     Subject
             ORG>                      Re: Remedy on Windows 2008 64 bits

             01/26/2010 04:42
             AM

             Please respond to
             arsl...@arslist.o
                    RG

For what it's worth, our new pre-production environment of ARS 7.5 and ITSM
7.6 is all installed on 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 servers, and it is all
running as well as can be expected for 32-bit apps on 32-bit JVMs.

DB:   Dell R710 8 core x 24 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise x64 SP1
APPS: Dell R710 8 core x 24 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
(Sun SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - ARS 7.5.00.003, AtriumCore 7.6.00.001, ITSM 7.6.00, SLM 7.6.00

WEB:  Dell R610 8 core x 12 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
(Sun SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - Mid-Tier 7.5.00.003 on bundled Tomcat 5.5.25 (NOT using IIS)
 - Flashboards 7.5.00.003
 - All application Help files on IIS 7.0
 - Will also host Kinetic Request 4.4.1 on its own instance of Tomcat

RKM:  Dell R610 8 core x 12 gb RAM: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise x64
with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise x64 SP1 (Sun SDK 1.6.0_16)
 - Remedy Knowledge Management 7.5.00.001 on Tomcat 5.5.25 (tomcat
installed with mid-tier, which was then removed; the tomcat 5.5.20 install
bundled with RKM 7.5.00.001 refused to work on 2008 R2, and for that
matter, so did the Apache distribution of Tomcat 6.0.20)
 - Forced Hummingbird SearchServer 6.1 into x86 directory to run as a
32-bit app under RKM
 - Atrium Integration Engine 7.6.00.001

We are busy trying to determine what customizations to bring forward from
ITSM 7.0.03.009, and how to move the foundation data, and so far the apps
themselves seem to be behaving properly in their OOTB installed
configurations (with sample data loaded).  Most of the installation
problems have been with tomcat (surprise, surprise), or with client
applications (Dev Studio, User, and Data Management App) on Windows 7
desktops that put write-required files in read-only directories by default.
Some functions like AREA are not configured yet, so I don't know if 2008 R2
will give me trouble with them; SSL on the tomcat servers is configured
using OpenSSL.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/