From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of LJ Longwing
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:00 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: AR System Clients and API's

**
LOL...more bad habits we pick up from our parents....sounds like a good
idea...I would love to see that feature in there....the only question I have
for you is one of displays....which is where I currently come up short in my
current program that does it...here is my problem

Ok...there are of course two different type of escalations....interval and
time.  Interval can run as often as every 1 min and as far apart as you would
want them to run....so each time they would run would be a 'dot' on a
timeline....then Time ones, they of course run on the rules outlined by what
you specify.....so here is the rub....if you want to show a timeline, how long
would your timeframe be?  One day, one Week, a Month, a Year?  In the case of
interval escalations that run every 5 min's...they execute around 288 times a
day....which is allot of plot points for a single escalation...but realistic.
If you do a timeline of a week, the interval every 5 min's ones will be too
close to see, but the 'once a day at 12:35 AM' ones would display great....

That's the fundamental issue with escalation timelines I have worked with is
this....I have a program written that when given a 'start time' and 'interval'
will generate remedy records for each time all escalations specified will
fire....but I can't figure out how to display it properly.