Hi Debra,
Thanks for the idea. The problem is the sequential numbering is always going
to find an older INC on our side.

I have had a couple of ideas since writing my original post.

Archiving may handle this - if the old INC on our side doesn't exist on
HPD:HelpDesk then that may solve the issue.

Has anyone ever considered changing the naming Convention of an INC? i.e. -
from INC0000000 to something else like QTS00000000?
The very thought of doing this makes me shiver; considering all the places I
am sure INC # is integrated. Just a thought.. :-)

Thanks,

Jase