I have a form with many, many checkboxes. When a person submits the
form I want to walk just this record, evaluate each field for a value,
if that value is != $NULL$ then I want to write the field title and
the field value to a single, summary field I’m calling Record
Summary.

Imagine a form with 4 checkboxes for color choices

Field names = Red, Blue, Green Black
Field titles = “Color Red”, “Color Blue”, “Color Green” and “Color
Black”
The field attributes are correspondingly “Bright Red”, “Dark Blue”,
“Faded Green” and “ReallyBlack”. This is the value that is written to
the table when the checkbox is checked.

If the person submitting the record checks only the “Color Red” and
“Color Black” boxes I want to write this to the summary field:
Color Red:      Bright Red
Color Black:    Really Black

I have a real kluge of this based on a filter working in dev. However,
it is does not evaluate each field for a non-null value. I check to
see if the Record Summary field is empty, if it is then I use this Set
Field action on the Record Summary field:  “$Red$ +  "; " +”|” + $Blue
$) +  "; " +”|”  + $Green$ +  "; "   +”|” $Black$ +  "; "  which
results in:

Bright Red,
,
,
Really Black

My form has hundreds of checkboxes for people to request AD Accounts,
hardware, general software and Oracle Apps Responsibilities (this is
the reason for the length of the form). As you can see using my kluge
will result in an ugly text field for the help desk person to review.
Many lines would just have the commas in them where the users didn’t
make any choices. That is so even when I combine several checkbox
field values on one line.

Plus, the processing just isn’t that elegant.

Can someone direct me to the correct process to use for this? Is there
an example of this in a ACTL, Filter or Guide for me to review that
might already be doing something like this? I keep reading the
workflow manual about guides and looping and this just isn't clicking
with me. (We have ARS 7.1.00, Change and Incident 7.0.03, and SRM 2.2)

Thanks,
Christine