Christine,

I love a good puzzle, although "many, many, hundreds of checkboxes" scares
me.  Anyway, how about this:

Create a New Form to hold information about the checkbox fields:
          Field ID
          Field Label
          Field Name

Create a Table on your Request form that references the new form above, with
the following columns:
          col_fieldid
          col_fieldlabel
          col_fieldname

Create some display only fields on your Request form:
          char - ztmp_currentfieldid
          char - ztmp_currentfieldvalue (for this example, we'll say this
field has a fieldid of 536870002)
          char - ztmp_currentfieldlabel

Create the filters and the guide to hold them:
Filter guide
          Filter 1`!:  (note the phasing override)
                    Action 1:  (sets temp fields from your table of fields)
                              Set ztmp_currentfieldid = col_fieldid
                              Set ztmp_currentfieldlabel = col_fieldlabel
                    Action 2: Run Process:
                                        Application-Copy-Field-Value
536870002 $ztmp_currentfieldid$ (note: this takes the value from the field
that has the fieldid that is stored in $ztmp_currentfieldid$, and copies it
to the ztmp_currentfieldvalue)
          Filter 2`!:  (note the phasing override)
                    Run if: $ztmp_currentfieldvalue$ != $NULL$
                    Action 1:  set summary = summary + "|" +
$ztmp_currentfieldlabel$ + ": " + $ztmp_currentfieldvalue$

Create a filter to call the guide:
          Run If: $record summary$ = $NULL$
          Action 1:  Call guide, with Table Loop checked, and the new table
above selected.

And then a final filter to do an LTRIM or substring to remove the intial
carriage return that will be there

This has the benefit of little code to maintain, and makes the list of
checkboxes data-driven.  When you add a new checkbox, you don't need to
update any code, just add a record to that first form.

Hopefully that gives you some other options to think about.

Thad Esser
Remedy Developer