As far as I remember the OOTB filters cut a "Diary Entry Update" on Status
changes.  However, I just checked some old tickets and do not see these
entries.  So perhaps there was a configuration option for this or perhaps
what I remembered was not OOTB.  There is also an Audit log which is also
textual but on different records.  That also had to have some configuration
setting because I currently see no audits on a bunch of tickets.  Then
again, this is an old system that I do not often bring up.

I am also not sure about assignment changes but I suspect it did as well.
These entries (either in the diary field or the audit records) have
consistent text, so it is possible to process these and then either cut
records or accumulate results on them.

A Meta-Update script to do so would be trivial to write.

It is easy and advisable (in a general software sense) to write the filters
and build the form.  This would be my advice.

But that leaves you with the problem of populating that form for old
tickets.  If that is not needed then that's that.  If history is needed, a
Meta-Update script (as above) can be fired on a one time basis to go through
these old tickets and  populate your new form.  This can be done with
limited term licenses as part of our data scripting services.

Take a look at a ticket's audit log and work log and see if you have the
historical data.  Then you can migrate it if needed to the new form or
continue to process it as is if that is your desire.

Cheers

Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:        <mailto:ben.cher...@softwaretoolhouse.com> Ben.Chernys _AT_
softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:          <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com> www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
 <http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/> http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/