From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:17 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Has anyone used the browser on IPAD for Remedy applications?

** You're a fanboy.  :-p   (you can hit me in the arm in person next week for
that comment)

I agree that the interface for small form factor devices (phones) has to be
different than the desktop UI.  Maybe not so much with an iPad or 10 inch
tablet?  We also have Citrix which makes Remedy usable on my Droid X but
because the forms are designed with larger screens in mind there are limits to
productivity (it takes a lot of scrolling to use).  It works well enough where
I can respond to ticket before it escalates though. :)

I think what some of us have been hoping for is the ability to design that
interface using Remedy views and Mid Tier; eliminating the need to purchase
more product (capital expense, annual support, more servers).  This would be
good enough for some (us for example).  We have looked at Aeroprise, Mobile
Reach, Navara many times over the years but we never get approval.  We even
tried a POC with a Cisco partner to use VoIP wireless phones and web service
calls from their appliance to Remedy.

We have a number of use cases where mobility would help but when it comes down
to it our hospitals, clinics and corporate offices are filled with computers
that have a browser.  Our site support folks are told to just find an open
machine. Mobility would be helpful but not enough to justify another product.
The other side of the coin, is mobility helpful enough to justify the AR
development work and maintenance?  Often times our Remedy team's developer and
support resources are considered cost free so it would most likely be justified.

Certainly some businesses need offline capabilities, mobile-centric security
controls and the other features these solutions provide so there is still a
market for these fine products.

Jason
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM, John Sundberg