Seperate DB adds complexity with no tangible benefits, that I can see.  A
seperate instance requires maintaining two instances (each patch
separately, audited separately, two sets of accounts to maintain, the
addition of db links, etc.); it also entails running two instances (you
have overhead with each instance: cpu, memory, disk, etc.).

I try to opt for the simplest solution that meets the need.  The schema, as
far as I can see, is that choice.  Life and technology is too complicated
to add complexity for complexity's sake.

Axton Grams