Well, permissions make reference to what I assume must be application license
types.

*         Infrastructure Change Viewer = Not Applicable

*         Infrastructure Change Submitter = Read License

*         Infrastructure Change User = Fixed or Floating

*         Infrastructure Change Master = Fixed or Floating

*         Infrastructure Change Config = Fixed or Floating

So apparently, at least for 7.6.04 SP2, you do need to give them at least
Infrastructure Change Viewer permissions to be able to read the data in CM.  It
is the one option that will give them a level of access without consuming an
application license.  However, if they need to be able to do things like update
the Work Info or serve as an Infrastructure Change Approver, they need the
User, Master, or Config permission to grant them the fixed or floating
application license.  And for querying changes without updating them, it looks
like they need Infrastructure Change Submitter.

Natalie Stroud
SAIC @ Sandia National Laboratories
ARS-ITSM Tester
Albuquerque, NM USA
nkst...@sandia.gov<mailto:nkst...@sandia.gov>
ITSM 7.6.04 SP2 - Windows 2003 - SQL Server 2008