From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:05 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: When is a Floating Application License "Consumed"

**

Hi Shawn,

It has not changed for the Overview Console (yet). That is what we are looking
to address in this thread.

One point of clarification, there is not a different Overview Console for the
Customizable Home Page. The CHP uses inline forms to display the actual
Overview Console.

Either way were have been told by BMC staff that a license is only used when
saving (create/modify). Like Tony I am going to have to explain that is not
completely accurate (I've started but since mgmt is still in shock from having
to think about paying for CM licensing  to cover ~300 people because it was
"free" when CM was homegrown, I get that shutup look each time I mention this
issue).

Jason

On Nov 14, 2012 6:18 AM, "Pierson, Shawn"
<shawn.pier...@sug.com<mailto:shawn.pier...@sug.com>> wrote:

> I want to jump in and ask a question on this specific to the example of the
> Overview Console, and the area I'm specifically most interested in is the
> customizable Home Page version of it, rather than the standalone Overview
> Console.  You said,
>
> "As BMC has uncovered areas where licenses were being obtained where we did
> not think it was appropriate (see the previous two examples), changes have
> been made in later releases to make sure that adjustments were made to not
> grab license tokens earlier than was intended."
>
> Can you specify what version of ITSM the behavior was changed in to not grab
> licenses from the Overview Console?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn Pierson
> Remedy Developer | Energy Transfer

_attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com<http://www.wwrug.com> ARSlist: "Where the Answers
Are"_

Private and confidential as detailed here:
http://www.sug.com/disclaimers/default.htm#Mail . If you cannot access the
link, please e-mail sender.