Thanks and thats exactly what I did.... I signed the Non Compete but left my
social out. If they have a problem with that then I guess it goodbye.

________________________________
 From: "Longwing, Lj" <llongw...@usgs.gov>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Friday, August 2, 2013 9:37 AM
Subject: Re: Recruiters Odd NDA

**
I had a friend locally that was being asked for his social by a recruiter,
similar situation to yours where no interview was scheduled yet...the recruiter
stated that it was to perform a background check to ensure there was no fraud
on his part before submitting him....for me, the only person needing my social
is my employer so they can report my earnings to the government, or so they can
do my government issued background investigation...outside of that...I
typically don't provide it.

**